Leader Biomedical is a medical devices company that specialises in marketing and distributing targeted therapeutic solutions for dental, spine, joint care, and sports medicine indications, developing process technologies, and manufacturing innovative biomaterials.
Leader Biomedical is committed to extending the reach of patients and caregivers worldwide. We do this by marketing and distributing medical devices, developing new technologies, and delivering world-class contract manufacturing. Our corporate portfolio consists of allografts and synthetic bone substitutes, hip implants, bone and spine cements, as well as an adhesion control barrier gel.
Contributing to the betterment of the global healthcare community with proven solutions and continuous innovation.
Extending the reach of patients and caregivers by improving global access to reliable, targeted therapeutic solutions and new technologies.
Discover our Targeted Solutions
Our therapeutic solutions focus on intervention, reconstruction, and stabilisation and offer proven solutions and continuous innovation that contribute to the betterment of the global healthcare community with proven solutions and continuous innovation.
LEADER BIOMEDICAL offers you the following products:
Adcon® Gel is a biocompatible, resorbable gel that provides a physical barrier to intertissue adhesions and inhibits fibroblast migration.
This results in improved patient rehabilitation, reduced recurrent pain, and decreased number of re-operations as a result of such adhesions.
Adcon Gel anti-adhesion gel
- Adhesion control: prevents and controls adhesion formation
- Resorbable: gradual resorption over a period of four to six weeks
- Extensive clinical history: used in over 300,000 cases worldwide and in more than 10 clinical studies since 1996
- Ease of use: special applicator for easy, secure application of the gel
- Indicated for spinal decompression surgeries (laminectomy, laminotomy) and spinal fusion
Benefits of Adcon® Gel
Adcon® Gel is a biocompatible resorbable gel, composed of polyglycan ester combined with absorbable gelatine in a phosphate-buffered saline.
- Prevents adhesion formation: physical barrier to inter-tissue adhesions, adheres to the tissues it is applied onto, and inhibits fibroblast migration on and around neural tendinous structures
- Resorbable: biocompatible gel that gradually resorbed over a period of 4-6 weeks
- Adcon® Gel reduces and simplifies re-operations, resulting in lower incidence of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS) and eliminates the need to perform differential diagnostics (X-rays, MRIs)
- Extensive clinical history: used in over 300 thousand cases worldwide and in more than 10 clinical studies since its introduction in 1996
- Ease of use: special applicator for easy, yet secure application of the gel to difficult to reach or irregular structures
Intra-operative vertebral area showing nerve roots, dura and ligaments free of scar tissue.
Adcon® Gel surrounds the nerve root, dura and the ligaments minimising adhesion.
Untreated post-operative vertebral area showing adhesions around operated area: dura, nerve root, ligament and soft tissues.
Other products in LEADER BIOMEDICAL‘s Spine Portfolio:
- eTiss® void fillers