Treatment of open tibia fractures in low-income countries
We are pleased to offer our first online webinar to the AO Alliance Foundation (AOAF) community. AOAF is a new developmental nonprofit organization dedicated to improving fracture care for patients in low-income countries through local capacity building and education (www.ao-alliance.org).
Monday Oct 26, 2015, 14:00 CET (GMT +1:00)
This live online event will review the basic principles in the management of open tibia fractures specifically in low-income countries. Management of this common injury may be difficult at times: training is essential and improves results. Participants’ questions will be answered by the moderator through an online chat tool and by the presenter in the questions and answers section at the conclusion.
Subhas B Shah
- Evaluate open tibia fractures
- Specify the goals and principles of open tibia fracture management
- Recognize that debridement is key for successful management and outcomes
- Take the resources available locally and your own level of expertise into consideration
- Select a fixation technique (if applicable) based on the wound characteristics, fracture pattern, and amount of bone loss